What: The Connecticut Data Collaborative (CTData) seeks an energetic person who loves data, believes in our mission, wants to grow our organization, and join our small team as the Assistant Director.
The Position: The Assistant Director will work closely with the Executive Director to execute the mission of the organization. The Assistant Director will contribute to several areas of the Collaborative, including development, the CTData Academy, and our Census State Data Center work with the goal of building and supporting a statewide learning community around the use of data to drive planning and policy.
As part of a small team, the Assistant Director will have the following duties:
- Oversee and lead data consultancy projects with community partners;
- Present to groups across the state about our organization and using public data;
- Develop content, implement and hold training sessions for user groups across the state;
- Assist in communications with members of the learning community;
- Cultivate relationships to expand philanthropic support.
- Training and professional experience in social sciences, public policy, or a related field;
- Strong communication and outreach skills;
- Ability to fund raise and prospect new opportunities;
- Experience in analyzing and communicating data;
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with staff on projects in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and within tight timeframes;
- Commitment to a high quality of work and desire to have a social impact;
- Curiosity and love of data;
- Minimum of 10-15 years experience between professional and educational background.
- Knowledge of principles and applications of social science and public policy, including but not limited to statistics, survey methods, geography, economics, environmental issues, education, and public health;
- Experience working on public policy issues in Connecticut;
Position is a full-time, compensation commensurate with education and experience. Please submit your cover letter and resume via email to email@example.com by March 12th. The cover letter must explain your interest in the position, your preferred start date(s) and describe your relevant experience.
About Us: CTData, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, is a public-private partnership, striving for informed decision-making across Connecticut. We empower an ecosystem of data users by democratizing access to public data and building data literacy skills. The Collaborative serves residents, nonprofits, policymakers, and funders in using data to drive policy, program and service improvements. To learn more, visit ctdata.org.